Monday, September 19, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


Puffed Rice treats from home!

Hi guys! What a week! I've learned so much about myself this week. I'm
excited to share! This last Tuesday was two months! Only 22 more to
go! Woo woo! I can't wait!

On Tuesday, we taught Laura. At first we were nervous, because we were
going to teach about the word of wisdom, and she had many posts on
Facebook about her morning coffee. As we taught, The spirit filled the
room, and she told us how she was thinking that she would stop
drinking coffee anyway. She came to church yesterday, and told us that
she had gone all week without her coffee. We are so proud of her! We
hope to set a date for baptism soon!

On Wednesday, we went and visited some of the elderly in our ward. June
is 93 and so so sweet. I love her so much, I almost called her
grandma! She just loves when we visit. She loves telling us about the
war, as her first husband was killed in action, and related to Luke
Johnson, famous apostle to Joseph Smith. She's great!

We also went and saw Ella-Rose. She was really not well, and it was so
hard to watch. She was so frail, and she didn't know where she was,
but she knew we were missionaries and so we prayed for her. Through
all of the pain, confusion, and sickness, she started to pray. It was
such a tender moment. Despite her loss of memory and knowledge, she
prayed so fervently. It touched my heart. Her savior knows her, and
she knows Him. I'll never forget that.

We went and saw Matthew again this week, and told him about the word
of wisdom as well. It was very good because we brought a member that
had issues with the word of wisdom in the past. Matthew was so willing
to give up all of the things that he's used to in order to keep the
Commandments. We hope to catch up with him soon!

Saturday was my birthday!! It was the best birthday I've ever had. It
was the perfect day. We had an awesome breakfast with our whole zone,
and then went and helped Amy's friend Yvonne move into Amy's other
bedroom. Third floor, just like home! Elder Bang and I were so sweaty
after but it was so fun and fulfilling! It poured rain all day, but
that couldn't dampen my spirits! We rode our bikes a few miles down
the highway to Shari's and got a pie shake. We looked like wet rats!
It was so funny. After lunch, we went and saw Deedee and played phase
10 like always. I won! She is so similar to grandma Beth, I know they
would have been the best of friends! After Deedee's, we went home and
I made the most beautiful cherry pie I've ever seen. I freaking made a
pie by myself! You would be so proud mom! I feel so accomplished! We
went over to a member's house for dinner in a spur of the moment
thing, and we enjoyed the pie together! We spent all day soaked in
either sweat or rain, we didn't baptize anyone, heck we didn't even
teach a lesson! That didn't matter though. I have an incredible
companion, an incredible family, and incredible calling, an incredible
God! It's definitely a birthday to remember. 19 years down, many more
to go!

Last Monday, I ended up having a really bad day. I felt so alone. I
prayed for strength to overcome all that day. I fell asleep pleading
to my Heavenly Father for rescue. When I woke up the next morning, I
got an answer I wasn't expecting. It was very clear: be obedient.
Probably two of the easiest yet hardest words you'll ever hear. Well
that's what we did. Elder Bang and I decided to be perfectly obedient.
It was hard at first, but as the week went on, things got easier and
easier. Everything got better. I could feel the support being built up
under me. President Ballard told me this week, "you are either
obedient or you aren't." If we obey most of the rules but neglect
some, we aren't being obedient! To call yourself obedient, you must do
EVERYTHING as to what the Lord has directed. This doesn't mean being a
hardnose or a 'holier than thou' kind of person. It means you do
exactly as the Lord tells you. What a blessing it's been! For the
first time since being out, I feel like I am right where I need to be,
doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

I'll end with words of a favorite hymn.

"The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose,
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes.
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake.
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!"

I love my Savior! May we never forsake Him in our lives. My prayer is
that we all learn to truly lean on the Savior every moment of our
lives, good or bad. He will be your best friend! He is the light and
the way. Let us never forget His love for us.

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Hall


                   
                                                                                                     I found a real life clue from Blue's Clues!
                                                                                                       This is a NORMAL size slug for Oregon.                                                                                                             They are huge! It reminds me of
                                                                                                                         Harry Potter.


 

You can see how really wet we were!



Elder Bang and I at lunch on my birthday. We were SO WET.



 Closeup of my pie



Selfie with my pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment