Friday, December 1, 2017

Turkey Day and Stuff



Thanksgiving Dinner

Hello everyone! And Happy Holidays to you! I can’t believe November is almost over, that’s just crazy! It’s been the craziest week filled with lots of fun and adventures! It’s been pretty chilly this whole week, but it’s ok because I finally have a jacket again! Thank goodness, I was starting to freeze! Anyway, I’ll just jump into it!!

We had a toilet paper fashion show on Monday for FHE! Elder White was volunteered as our model and the girls in our group made him a bride. It was so funny! 

We did a zone fast on Tuesday for the #HOVlane and our 4th quarter goal. We are doing well, but we’re still behind. It was a really neat day with spiritual experiences for everyone. We enjoyed Tuesday night with a game of badminton with the ward and I SLAYED. #hiddentalent. After badminton, we went into downtown and picked up one of the assistants, Elder Coombs for our exchange. It was quite the experience driving through the scary part of downtown at 9:30pm. Portland is pretty scary at night. I’ll get to that in a minute though....

We had interviews on Wednesday morning and I just love President Bullen so much. That man is inspired and a father to me. He is such a sweet man with a good sense of humor, and he likes my jokes. We went to Subway again and if you’ll recall the last time we went with him to Subway it was quite the fiasco hahahaha! This time didn’t disappoint! He had offered to pay for all of us, which was good because we were all broke. Well when he went to pay with the mission card, it declined... He had forgotten he didn’t refill it, and he didn’t have his personal card on him. Between all of us, we scrounged up enough cash to pay for everybody’s lunch! Hahaha it was so funny, we all had a good laugh over that one!

Wednesday night came around and we had to make our way back to downtown to drop Elder Coombs off. The church in downtown is in a sketchy part of town with a scary underground parking lot where the security guard enjoys kicking hobos and druggies out. While ending the exchange, a big fight between the security guard and a scary hobo broke out. It was exciting and terrifying at the same time! Thankfully no one was hurt and everything cooled down. While on our drive home, we took a wrong turn and it sent us deeper into downtown. It was scary I won’t lie. 

Thanksgiving. 1000 times better than last year!! I didn’t have a hibernating companion so we actually had an awesome day! We started out with some service with the zone at a turkeython. I got to be the cheerer at the last leg of the race, and man did I have a ball! I saw people at their best and people at their worst. It was fun, despite the pouring rain and no rain jacket! We even got a picture with Santa afterwards!

Right after the race, we went to a turkey bowl with some members of the stake! It POURED. Like, it was honest to goodness like a shower. We got SO muddy playing and it was so fun!! I made some impressive plays and even got to break out my center skills. It was a blast!

We enjoyed dinner with the Grahams and it was very nice. They had some little kiddos running around and it made me miss my little ones at home! I love them all so much!

On Friday we went on exchanges with the Moreland Elders! Elder Gonzalez came with me to Alder Creek and we made the trek out to Molalla. It was an absolutely gorgeous drive. It made me miss AF canyon so much! I can’t wait to get back there someday.  

It’s been a pretty fun week and I’ve enjoyed every second! I am thankful for my family and my Savior. I love you all, have a good week!

With love,

Elder Hall 


 

Pre-race party!

                  
                            Posing with Santa

 

Cheering at the race!

  
                                      Action shot!

    

In the rain!

Turkey Bowl Shoot!


   

Post Turkey Bowl!

                                                                                               

Pre-race orientation at 6am!




My hashtag the panda impersonation!


No comments:

Post a Comment