Monday, February 5, 2018

My Energizer Bunny!



Me and Elder Hadfield

Hey fam! Holy cow what a week it’s been! I’ve got lots to talk to you about and not a lot of time! It’s been pretty mild this week weather wise, so that’s been good! Especially with transfers this week!

So, transfers. I had to say goodbye to the Farmington ward and and Elder Wallace! We both got transferred out of the area (whitewashing is what we call it). So Sister Bray and Sister Jacobs took over Farmington and my new companion Elder Hadfield and I took over the Murrayhill ward from the sisters! It was sad moving areas so quickly, but also cool that I stayed in the same stake and I’m still the zone leader of Beav West.

Elder Hadfield is from Layton, Utah and has been out only 6 months! He was trained, then trained a missionary, then came to be a zone leader with me. He’s a stud of a guy! He’s made me feel like an old man this week because this is only his second area and he is so green still. This kid is gonna run me ragged! He’s a hard worker that is literally like the energizer bunny. My tiring old man self can barely keep up! But we have seen a lot of miracles and I’m grateful to gain back a little of that greenie fire that I lost many moons ago.

On Thursday night after a long day of putting out fires (as usual the first few days of a transfer being a zone leader), we got home at around 8:45. We hadn’t been able to place a Book of Mormon all day and I was frankly ready for bed. But, Elder Hadfield and his super optimistic self turned to me and said we needed to place one before we went inside. I said we could try and before I could even get out of the car he was walking down the sidewalk. There was a couple sitting on some steps with their dogs a few buildings down so we *quite literally* ran over. Danica and Joshua were super cool and gladly accepted a Book of Mormon and we got a return appointment for this week! It was a super neat experience and I’m grateful for Elder Hadfield and his faith.

So we have 11 elders in the zone and only two cars that seat 5 each. Do the math and we come up one seat short! After talking to the mission office, we were informed that we would be receiving the mission minivan! We were PUMPED! Her name is Fat Pat and I will include a picture. So now I feel like a dad with all of his little missionary children driving around Beaverton in a White minivan. Woot!

The sisters that were in our area previously had signed us up to do a craft day in a rest home with a bunch of elderly people. Well, it was the definition of a FIASCO. The old people were grumpy and we had no idea what was going on. Pat was filled with sass and Paloma kept telling me she wasn’t having fun. It was rough in the moment, but looking back, it was pretty hilarious! We are not excited to go back this week. 

Our investigator’s name is Dana and she is AMAZING! We are so excited for her baptism on the 24th! She is an incredible woman and we are so proud of her. We showed her a video of President Nelson on Saturday and when it finished she said, “Oh boys I know that man is a prophet of God.” Did I mention she is from St. Louis and full of sass? Hahahaha I love her so much! 

This ward is amazing and I’m so happy to be here! They are absolutely incredible and I love it! I am just FILLED with gratitude today! I am IN LOVE with Jesus Christ and His Atonement. It is such a beautiful gift that I will forever praise Him for. 

I love you all so much! Have a good week!

With Love, 

Elder Hall



The area of rescue assistance



MLC




Fat Pat!




Saying goodbye to my pal Sister McNeil




Conducting District Meeting


1 comment:

  1. Hey Elder Hall! Your comp is my sister's nephew, so we're practically related now. We miss you here in Westview Ward!

    Chelan Allen

    ReplyDelete