Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Shine bright like a diamond




Hey fam, I don’t have much time this week, but I thought I would at least say hello! This has been a hard week, but we made it through! 

This last week was quite the adventure. On Monday night, we went on exchanges with the APs! I went to the downtown branch with Elder Coombs and Elder Mobley went to Farmington with Elder Wallace. Elder Coombs and I had a really fun and interesting time in downtown Portland! There are some pretty crazy people there. It’s a pretty dark feeling in downtown wherever you go, but luckily we have the light of the gospel!

On Wednesday night I had a rare privilege of spending some one on one time with President Bullen. He is such an incredible man and I’m so grateful that I get to associate with him.

So transfers are on Wednesday, and we know Elder Wallace is leaving, but we don’t know where he is going, if I’m staying, and if so, who my new companion is. We will find out later tonight, so hold tight until next week!

On Saturday morning, we were at the Woodside’s house to cut down a tree the old fashioned way with some axes. Well, we were waiting for breakfast, and little Addie (she’s two years old) came up to me and asked if I would read her a book. We sat on the couch together and the two of us read a few books. You know, it wasn’t a big deal, but that moment made my whole week. I miss my little nieces and nephew and the time we would spend reading books every Sunday night. Addie brought in the brightest sunshine of my day. I love that little girl so much!

Someone once told me a very profound thought. Diamonds are best displayed when put against dark surfaces. The beauty of our lives is found in the deepest contrast. Can you truly shine without trials and temptation?

I love you all, have an absolutely incredible week! And take some of Rihanna’s advice, Shine bright like a diamond!

Love,

Elder Hall

Adventures at the Woodsides

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment