Monday, January 22, 2018

Heavenly Fortunes



Hello everybody! I’m just going to tell you all right now, it was a super uneventful week with not a lot happening so this email will be very short. It’s been a wet and cold week, with a lot of rain! The weather really does affect people.

Here’s a short story that happened on Friday. Elder Wallace and I had a really hard day. We just weren’t having any success at all, and we felt like we were failures. We didn’t have dinner, but a member surprised us with reservations at a Chinese restaurant. After an incredible dinner (Stir Crazy Chinese off of TV Hwy, we highly recommend it), we opened our fortune cookies. Elder Wallace read his first: “Pray for what you want, but work for the things you need.” We were shocked. Then I opened mine: “Your faith carries you through difficult times.” It was like lightning struck. We were in utter disbelief. Heavenly Father let us know how to carry on! The work continues forward and we have a loving Heavenly Father ever-aware of us.

I know this is a super lame email, sorry! I promise next week will be better. I love you all, have a good week!

With Love,
Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment