Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Book of Mormon



My mozzarella stick looks like the Nike swoosh!  Just "Do It!"

Hello from Oregon! It’s been a wet and rainy week, but one of many miracles and incredible moments I’ll never forget. I apologize if this letter is a little short!

I’ll start with zone conference. This whole zone conference was about the Book of Mormon and why it is so important. Elder Wallace and I were privileged enough to teach how to support investigators reading the Book of Mormon. But as many of you probably saw on my Facebook feed, a small moment came to pass that I’ll never forget. I’ll just quote it below:

"This morning we started our missionary zone conference with a solemn spirit as we learned of the passing of President Thomas S Monson. Together we sang, “We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet”. The Holy Ghost quickly engulfed the room as these humble servants of our Savior sang with full hearts honoring our beloved prophet. It was an experience I will never forget. We are in the Lord’s work."

Later in the day we had an amazing miracle happen! We came out of zone conference pumped to share the Book of Mormon so we set a goal to hand out one open Book of Mormon.  We decided to stop by Kevin's.  He is someone we had talked with last week about possibly coming back.  When he opened the door he was a little surprised to see us again but after thinking for a minute let us in and said we could take 5 minutes. We explained some background on the Book of Mormon and then shared Ether 12:27 with him.  Afterwards we asked how that could affect him personally and it really made him think. We had a great conversation with him and he accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and said he would read it! We are super excited to follow up with him!

It’s short, but I want you to know that I love this gospel. It is true, and it brings eternal joy. I love you all, have a good week!

With love,

Elder Hall 


Beav west zone with my pal Kiyah Clemence




MLC breakfast



MLC group

No comments:

Post a Comment