Monday, April 16, 2018

Almost a Super Neat Experience



Doing work in the pouring rain!

Hello friends and fam! What a week it was here in Oregon. Lots of cold and rainy days this week. You know the saying, April showers bring May flowers? Well here in Oregon it doesn’t really stop raining. It’s just one big storm. The saying out here goes, the April shower brings the May shower. Haha! Anyway, I don’t have a whole ton to write home about this week. Hopefully I don’t disappoint. 

We went over to see Dana this week and she’s doing great! We are excited to go to the temple with her for baptisms at the end of this month! She is such an amazing lady that I am so honored and blessed to know.

Man, Wednesday was a LONG day. It rained and it rained. I really was not a happy camper. In such a small area as ours, you can’t do much when it’s pouring rain outside. So, to the doors we went. Anyone that knows me knows that I hate tracting with a burning fiery passion. But my comp was eager to do it, so I gave in. And what happens? The freaking last door we knock is a lady named Grace who was holding a bible study when we knocked on her door. She took a Book of Mormon and invited us back on Sunday. Unfortunately this didn’t turn out like a President Uchtdorf “fourth floor last door” story. She told us to not come back when we went over on Sunday. But hey, it was almost a super neat experience.

Thursday was a great day! We were on exchanges with the assistants. I was in Market St with my boy Elder Coombs and Elder Beck went to Murrayhill with Elder Hadfield. Coombs and I go waaay back! I love this kid so much! We spent the day in downtown Portland talking to crazy people. We met the sweetest yet CRAZIEST lady I’ve ever met in my life. Her name was Koy. She was unforgettable! We ate oranges and read the Book of Mormon with another unique woman. We taught a very large man about the law of chastity. Long story short, downtown Portland is freaking nuts.

On Friday I hit my 21 month mark! HOLY COW! I was pondering and looking back through the last 21 months and all that I’ve learned. YOW. God took a stupid kid and just loved and nurtured the heck out of me. And now I feel like I’m understanding more about His Son, the Atonement, and what faith really is. 

We were at dinner with the Luman’s and they are crazy. And I have permission from them to write that. Haha they are great! Sister Luman heard I had a beautiful voice so she made me sing her songs all through dinner. All I can remember at this point are hymns, so she had to settle for some Old Green Book instead of Old Blue Eyes. 

On Saturday we finally made it back to the Woodside’s again! It was like coming back home. We made a massive bonfire and played with the dogs and goats! I’ll tell you, that place is pretty dang close to heaven for me. Now all they need is a fishing hole and my Buster Bluth!

Well, that’s all I have for the week. I want you  all to know how much you truly mean to me. I feel your love and support bear me up when I need it most. Thank you in advance for all of the love, support, and prayers you have given in behalf of me and my family. I know this gospel is true. I know that the boy Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love that knowledge so much, and I love all of you. I hope you have the best week this week!

With Love,



Elder Hall 

 

Me and my mission dog, Starlord.



Me and my favorite goat, Lucy


 

Trying to throw gang signs like the cool kids do


When you go to Safeway just to pee but you find a loaf of cheesy jalapeƱo bread for 99 cents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment