Monday, July 16, 2018

Thank You for Being a Friend



My best friends! Bland and Keesler. 

Wow. This is it. My last letter home. 

Over two years ago I embarked on a journey to preach the gospel in the mythical land of Portland, Oregon. I thought I was going to meet people and change their lives forever. Little did I know that they would change mine too. I’ve spent two years trying to do as Jesus would do: loving, teaching, serving, inspiring, protecting His people. I didn’t expect that these people would return the favor and love, teach, serve, inspire, and protect me. 

There was an invisible bond holding us close together, as if we all had a common thread woven into our souls. And we did. We are family. Every person is a child of our Heavenly Father, therefore making us all brothers and sisters. Sometimes they grow up under the same roof with the same last name. Other times they are knit together in worship in a chapel. And sometimes they are connected in a quiet moment on the streets of Portland. With all of these circumstances the same can be concluded: we are a heavenly family.

I am grateful for my heavenly family. Im grateful for the ones anxiously awaiting me in Utah, for my dear friends I have served with, and for all the ones here in Portland. You all have a piece of my heart that I will forever cherish. 

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one and only true church on the earth. It was established by Him, the Man by whom this very church is named. It was once again reestablished by a prophet in these latter days, Joseph Smith. We are privileged to be called upon by our Master to gather His children this one last time before His coming, where He will rule and reign in glory and majesty. This is the greatest cause on earth. I am honored to have served my Savior this short period of time. I have truly come to know Him. He is my dearest friend, my closest confidant. I love Him. 

So to end this time in true Elder Hall fashion, let me finish with a favorite tune.

Thank you for being a friend,
Travel down the road and back again.
Your heart is true, you’re a pal and a confidant!
And if you threw a party,
Invited everyone you knew.
You would see the biggest gift would be from me,
And the card attached would say:
Thank you for being a friend!

I love you all! 

Elder Hall 


Elder Bennett and I 


My district


Mine and Sister Acton’s “funeral”


Trying to be cool at the Woodside’s 


My best pal, Starlord! I’m gonna miss that ball of fur


Our 3 pounds of fresh blueberries we picked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment