Monday, July 2, 2018

Hello Dolly!



Hello Dolly!

Hey everyone! I’m so sorry for not writing last week! Sometimes you just lose track of time and pday is over before you know it. We have had a really fun last two weeks! Lots of service and neat people.

We’ve been doing a ton of service for the Sherwood Center for the Arts! It’s been a party! We have helped set up for several parties, award ceremonies, and even the annual Sherwood Wine Festival. Man, that was a PARTY. 

This week was the theater’s run of Hello Dolly! Because it’s all volunteer and the chair of the theater is a Mormon in our ward, we got to help build, paint, and assemble the set for the show! Not only that, we got to be ushers/alcohol monitors. It was a ton of fun being with all the theater people, it reminded me of all my friends back home! We got to see the show and meet literally every person that attended. It was pretty neat!

We also did a lot of hauling hay for our little Ann and for the Waites in the ward! We moved roughly 300 bales over the week and let me tell you, that is exhausting work! It was a good time though.

Of course last Monday was my favorite holiday, Half Christmas!! We celebrated as a zone with a White elephant exchange, Christmas carols, sweaters, the whole nine yards! It was a memory that will last a lifetime!

On Thursday we had zone conference (my last one!) and it was pretty good. I got to see my dear friends from the Woodhaven ward! It was kind of weird bearing my departing testimony. This mission has changed me forever. I love it.

So last Sunday a member brought his roommate/best friend to church! His name is Winter and he was actually coming as a requirement for a religion class he’s taking. By the end of third hour he was actually interested in learning more about the gospel and ended up accepting a Book of Mormon! We have a meeting with him this week and hopefully he starts progressing!

Well, I hope you all have a great week! Enjoy my ALL TIME FAVORITE holiday, the 4th of July!! I love you all! 

Love,

Elder Hall 






Zone Conference


Half Christmas!


The hay rig

No comments:

Post a Comment