Monday, December 19, 2016

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME


Oregon Portland Mission Party!  

Merry Christmas everybody! 

I don't know if I'm in Oregon or not anymore, it just keeps snowing!! It's pretty funny though because Oregonians treat it like they live in a post apocalyptic world or something. 

Last Monday we went to downtown Portland! Man that is my city. I loved it so much! If you don't know, Portland is the homeless capital of the nation. There are homeless people everywhere. The funny thing is, they all know the missionaries and love talking to us, especially me! It took me back to New York City when everyone talked to me. Why do people pick me out every time? I just felt so connected to that city. It is home! We are going back today for P-day I'm so excited! 

Tuesday was so good too. We taught our investigator Des and she is amazing! Our lesson was so filled with the spirit. She said the closing prayer and there was not a dry eye in the room when she finished. It was incredible. 

Wednesday it snowed like crazy! (By crazy I mean 3 inches) The city went into mayhem. Cars were crashing, people were putting chains on cars, school buses were stuck, and all major roads shut down. It was very entertaining to say the least. 

Friday was the OPM Christmas party!! It was so much fun! What's even better is I got to spend most of the day with Elder Wilcock! We had tons of fun catching up and telling all our inside jokes again. Later that night we were walking down the road when we ran into a ward member. She was almost in tears because her daughter had lost her phone and while she was praying for help we walked by. Many prayers, a few flashlights, and some scarves later we found the phone! In return for our help, she gave us some awesome Portland timbers soccer scarves!! They are SWEET. 

On Saturday I taught Elder Hewitt how to clean a stove and iron a shirt. I felt a lot like my mother, but then I realized just how grateful I really am for her and her example to me. She has taught me so much, where would I be without that incredible woman?

I love being a missionary so much. I love sharing the gospel. I know it's true! I love seeing people change their lives to come closer to their savior. I know Jesus Christ loves us! There is nothing better than serving the Lord! 

Have a very Merry Christmas! #6daystillwecanskype 

Elder Hall

  


  

     





No comments:

Post a Comment