Monday, July 31, 2017

ET PHONE MILWAUKIE



Hey everyone! It's been QUITE the week. That's about all I have to
say. Hahaha oh man, I'm so excited to tell everyone! Before my big
news, I'll let you guys know of a few other things that happened!

Tuesday was Zone Conference in Mt Hood! We had to drive an hour to get
there, but it was so gorgeous. President Bullen is doing a fantastic
job! I know that he holds the keys for this mission.  It was so fun
because the Milwaukie zone was there so I got to sit with Elder
Wilcock all day! I love him so much! I'm sure gonna miss him when he
goes home TWO WEEKS!

Wednesday started out normal. And then went to lightspeed. We spent
the morning bucking hay for some members in the ward! It was a ton of
fun, and I played the part well enough that they assumed I grew up on
a farm. I think it was the plaid shirt that really tricked them. Later
that evening, my good old pal Elder Baugh from the mission office
called and asked if me and Elder Erskine could install an A/C unit in
the 4th Sister's apartment. Elder Erskine had never done anything like
that before, so I just went to work on it. As I was working, Elder
Erskine says, "I think President just tried to call us!" I was like,
"Well you'd better call him back!" Haha it was funny. So he calls and
President answers. In my mind I'm thinking, "Oh no. President only
calls when there's bad news. Someone's dead. Oh my gosh if Buster is
dead I will fall apart." And on and on. It only got worse when I heard
Elder Erskine say, "Oh no, that's terrible! One second, here's Elder
Hall." I'm ready to throw up at this point.

"Elder Hall, this is President Bullen. How are things?"
"They're going well, President. What can I do for you?"
"I've got an assignment for you. One of the Beaverton Zone Leaders
broke his leg and is headed home for surgery. I'm pulling one of the
Milwaukie Zone Leaders to take his place, and I want you to go to
Milwaukie as a Zone Leader. Can you support me in this?"
"Yes sir. When do I leave?"
"Friday morning. I'll give you more details about what will happen to
your area."

This is what we call an Emergency Transfer, or an ET. The next few
days were a whirlwind. I didn't have time to say goodbye to anyone or
tell anyone I was leaving. I had time to pack my bags and make sure
Elder Erskine could take over the area. Elder Kindrick was pulled and
replaced me in OC 3/5 with my companion. I came to the Alder Creek YSA
Ward and my new comp is Elder Lott!

It's super weird being in a YSA Ward, mostly because it's like what my
life will be when I get home. But the ward is so fun and awesome, and
the missionary work is blazing!! Did I also mention that Elder Wilcock
is now in my zone?! We set up splits for this week, so we can be
companions even if it's only for an hour or two. It's only for two
weeks, but I'll take what I can get!

My new companion, Elder Lott, is from Las Vegas. He's awesome! We knew
each other from back in Cedar Mill when he was my district leader for
a bit. The last few days have been full of laughs and some awesome
missionary work. I'm so excited!

The greatest part of YSA wards is that they are huge! We cover both
Milwaukie and OC stakes. It's a ton of fun! On Saturday we drove an
hour to a tiny town called Fernwood. It was in the freaking middle of
nowhere. It was one of the most beautiful drives I've ever been on
though. I love Oregon! We live right in the city, not too far from
downtown Portland. It's definitely a change, but it's a welcomed one!

I know this email is small, but I hope it tells everyone that I know
the Lord is aware of each of us, and that no matter what happens, if
you just look to God, things turn out ok. Whenever life starts to get
challenging, it means there's something great for you if you just keep
pushing. Satan never puts up a fight unless he is trying to prevent
something good from happening. Alma 26:27 says it best. "Now when our
hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the
Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites,
and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you
success." Just like He gave success to Book of Mormon prophets of old,
He will give us success as long as we push on. I love every one of you
so much! Have a good week!

With love,

Elder Hall



Living up to his Mexican heritage....ha ha!  (you have to be a Hall to understand this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment