Monday, August 7, 2017

WE'RE MELTING OVER HERE



The Sip'n Sasquatch Coffee Company

Hey everyone! I don't have a ton to write about this week, but hopefully I make up for it with some spiritual thoughts I'm excited to share. 

Let start with the weather first. You know it's going to be a hot week when you get multiple emails from the mission for an extreme heat warning! Every day this last week was over 105 degree weather. It makes things even more interesting when everyone in Oregon doesn't see a need for A/C. So, our apartment stayed at a balmy 96 degrees for most of the week. It was terrible. Sleeping was very difficult.

Last Monday was FHE and we played slip and slide kickball! It turns out I am a champion at slip and slide kickball. Hahaha we had a lot of fun! 

Thursday morning was awesome! We went over to our investigator's house to eat breakfast and teach him. It was a good deal, he cooked us breakfast and we taught the Plan of Salvation. His name is Jordan and he is so prepared for the gospel it's insane! I am so excited to continue teaching him!

Elder Lott and I are seriously the best of friends. I don't think I've laughed with a companion this much ever! People keep asking us if everything is ok because we keep showing up to teaching appointments with teary eyes because we've been laughing so hard in the car. it's been a serious problem!

It's been just over a week now since I was emergency transferred here to the YSA and I'm so grateful to have already made some friends and been accepted into the ward. These YSA people are intimidating as a missionary! But we have had lots of laughs and I've been absorbed into the pack. 

I know this gospel is true. There is nothing else in this world that will bring the peace that comes from the Savior Jesus Christ, and following His teachings. Doctrine and Covenants 19:23 says, "Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me." The way we achieve peace through the Savior is by choosing to act. Notice the action words in that verse. Learn, listen, and walk. As we learn of the Savior through the scriptures, listen to His servants the prophets on the earth today, and walk in the way of His commandments, we truly will gain the peace that is Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. 

Thank you everyone for the continued prayers and support! Sorry again this is short. 

With love,
Elder Hall

  

The weirdest pine/cactus tree I've ever seen in my life. Me and Elder Lott dying laughing in the car


   

Posing with our investigator's sweet car!   I found a real life gender neutral bathroom! #OregonLife

    

Mine and Elder Lott's comp unity as shown in our feet.  We found Barack Obama toilet paper in our apartment.

   

Breakfast at Bob's Red Mill Restaurant with some of the zone!  McDonald's drink selfies



Trying to be a hipster to match the rest of Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment