Monday, October 23, 2017

It All "Happens" To Be True



I found a taste of home at Red Robin!  GO VIKINGS!

Hey everyone! It's been a cold wet week here in Milwaukie, and man am I grateful I am not riding a bike this year! Heavenly Father knew I wouldn't be able to handle that right now. Aside from a stormy weekend that knocked our power out several times, today is an absolutely gorgeous Fall day. Man, Autumn in Oregon really is something else! I'm so glad I get to experience it.

Last Monday was Hannah's birthday! She is pretty amazing. She came to FHE and it was a ton of fun! We had Cupcake Wars and Hannah and I collaborated on one and we won! Our polar bear cupcake was pretty awesome!

We had such a blast on Tuesday! It was our interview day with President for our zone. We started off with some training from Elder White and I and then proceeded to interviews. I love President Bullen so much! That man is truly called of God and absolutely inspired. We had a very nice interview and even shared some jokes. We have to be there all day to keep him on schedule, and for lunch he took Elder White and I to Subway with him and Sister Bullen! We had a blast. It was EVIDENT that President had never been to a Subway before. We had to walk him through all the steps to making a sandwich. I think we laughed the entire time we were there. It was a really fun afternoon!

We had a pass-off lesson with the Riverside Elders on Tuesday afternoon with an investigator that is YSA-aged. Elder White and Elder Kunz went and taught while Elder Fitzwater and I dug a hole for our previous Bishop's neighbor. We dug and dug, and it rained and rained! If you know me though, you know I was having the time of my life! I LOVE when I get to do things like that for people, especially people who aren't able to do it themselves.

Wednesday was a blast! Elder Mobley came with us for the day on exchanges. It was fun to be with my old pal again, especially now that we are sliiiightly better missionaries than we were the last time we went on exchanges over 6 months ago. We taught Hannah at the cutest little cafe in Oregon City! It was a blast. Hannah is so ready for baptism! We are so pumped for her! It was also our investigator Austin's birthday, so we stopped a tie by for his birthday. What else would us missionaries give for a gift?

It was Elder Jensen's birthday on Thursday so we took him to lunch after district meeting to his favorite place, Subway! Man, so much Subway this week... Plenty for me. Haha he loved it and that's all that matters, though I don't know how Subway is anyone's favorite place to eat food. What a shame. #TacoAmigoOrDie

On Friday, we planned Hannah's baptism and filled out her paperwork. We are so excited! It's less than two weeks away! After skyping with her, we went to the Clack Town Mall and met up with a former investigator that said he wanted to talk to us again. We showed up and started getting to know this guy, when his best friend just "happens" to be walking by, and just "happens" to have his bible with him. It turns out they were meeting with us to preach to us, trying to tell us we were going to Hell if we didn't do what the bible said. We tried to explain that we believe the bible, but we also believe that God still speaks to His children. They were very prepared, with scriptures from the bible scribbled down on their hands. Instead of bashing though, we just bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and its truthfulness; the witness we gained as we read it and prayed about it. 

By the end, this guy's friend that "happened" to show up, was actually interested in hearing more of our message. We are excited to see where that one goes! He also looked like Jesus so that was just the cherry on top of all this.

Saturday it RAINED. Man, it rained all day. The YSA had a regional Halloween party and dance, and although we couldn't go to the dance part, we could at least get free dinner and make sure Hannah was having a good time. It was super uncomfortable, which I guess is a good thing because I'm a missionary, but wow. I was definitely out of place. Hahaha!

It has been quite the week for us. I want you all to know that I know Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know there is a prophet on the earth today, and his name is Thomas S Monson. I know blessings come as we live God's commandments. I love you all, and I wish you the very best this week! Stay dry out there!

With Love,

Elder Hall

   

Hannah and I with our polar bear cupcake!  Elder White and I have matching shirts



   

Pday fun!        Training action shot




Pete the Pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment