Monday, May 14, 2018

Stitches





Hey everyone! Happy Mother’s Day yesterday! It was QUITE the eventful day! I’ll get to that, but first I want to tell you about our week!

Tuesday morning Elder Goncalves and I went over to Anne’s and shoed her horses. It was a learning experience for me, but I enjoyed it a lot! It was pretty cool!

Wednesday morning Amy called us needing some help. We ended up helping her at her new apartment for the whole morning. We went and got lunch and an ice cream after and it was so fun! We are seriously just two peas in a pod. That night we were visiting BJ and Barb and Barb said she needed an ice cream, so we went and got ice cream again! Haha it was great.

Friday morning Abraham called us and needed help with his garage door opener. Man, that was a process but we got it working! My experience helping my dad out on the various houses we’ve renovated came in handy!

On Saturday we got a call from some members asking us to come help shave their llama! I was in charge of wrestling said llama to the ground. I did a pretty good job until it got up with me on it. I took a little ride on the llama! Haha it was awesome.

Our investigator Myriam is doing awesome! We are so excited for her baptism this Saturday! We had two awesome lessons with her this week. She had a great baptismal interview and she is just so prepared for her baptism! I am so proud of her and so honored I get to play a small part in her journey. May 19th, here we come!

The call home was amazing! I miss my family so much. I am IN LOVE with Anna, Penny, Jayne, and Jasper! They are all so big! I am so excited to see them in July! I have seriously missed being with all of my siblings. You guys will forever be my best friends! I love you! I have an angel mother that watches over and loves me more than I can comprehend. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

Yesterday was a day of milestones for me! 22 months, last call home, and first time getting stitches! Hahaha I can explain. So, yesterday morning I decide to eat an apple for breakfast. The apple I had was extremely large, so I decided to cut it up first. Well, I whip out my very nice and very sharp pocket knife to do the job. It turns out that knife cuts very well! It went straight through my apple and straight into my right thumb! Man, that thing bled like crazy. After dousing it in super glue, it finally stopped bleeding. I called the mission nurse and she told me to go to instacare. So away we went, a few hours before church! 

Well, the doctor came in, glanced at my thumb and said, “Yeah that needs stitches.” They decided to numb me up in the thumb which was the MOST PAINFUL THING IN MY LIFE. Getting a needle stuck into your thumb’s nerves is not fun! It put me down for the count. I finally got over the nausea and they stitched me up. Five stitches and I’m good as new!! Hahaha it was a pretty eventful day! Now I can’t do very much for the next 10 days as it heals. Pray for my thumb!

I love you all, I know God lives, and this is His restored gospel! Have an amazing week!

With Love,
Elder Hall


           

Getting stitched up!

     



    

The boys with Nutmeg the Llama!

                                                                                


Me and Spirit the horse.




No comments:

Post a Comment