Monday, November 28, 2016

D&C 78:19



My Christmas tree!

Hello from Sherwood!

"And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made
glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even
an hundred fold, yea, more."

What an awesome week it's been! Filled with highs and lows, but I'm
grateful the highs overtook the lows! Looking back, I really did a lot
of crying this week. I guess that's what happens when you grow up a
Hall. We are very good at emotions, ha ha!

Last Monday I thought I might have broken my foot playing basketball.
I couldn't walk on it for a few days! It turns out I just badly
sprained it, and I'll be back to normal soon! I'm still limping a
little...

Tuesday was just a bad day! I have a hard time getting along with some
of the elders in leadership positions and it has been a struggle. I
was having such a hard day when we decided to get the mail and the
most incredible miracle happened! There were three Christmas CDs from
my mom and a Christmas card from my home ward, the good old Grove 4th!
We went back to the apartment and I don't think Andy Williams has sang
so loud in his whole life! What an incredible tender mercy.

It was Pie Night Wednesday! I didn't want to miss out on our family
tradition, so I made a pie from scratch using the things we had in our
apartment! Luckily I know how to make crust and we just happened to
have apples and the things needed for apple pie. The missionaries in
our district loved it!

Thanksgiving was a blast! We had pie for breakfast as tradition! Then
we had lunch with the Christensen's at the church! It was good food and
good conversation. Later in the day we went to a member's home in the
Cedar Creek Ward with Elder Cedillo and Elder Roundy. We had a ton of
fun there, and even played Thanksgiving bingo, complete with dollar
store prizes! I felt right at home! After dinner, the elders in our
district came to our apartment and we built forts and had a giant Nerf
war! It was tons of fun!

We helped a nonmember family move this week after we rode by and saw
they needed help. The Elderly couple shed tears as we finished packing
the trailer for them. They were even more shocked when we wouldn't
accept a check or cash for our efforts. They wrote down our names and
said they would be getting in touch with our superior, that Monson
guy, to thank him for our help. We will see how that goes for her! It
was such a fun experience serving and sharing our light of Christ.

On Saturday, Matt had his interview with our district leader. He was
denied for baptism. We were devastated because we know he is ready! So,
we made a call to the mission presidency. President Harris, the 2nd
counselor in the OPM presidency, came out to Sherwood on Sunday and
did an interview with Matt. When he opened the door after the
interview he said, "Where do I sign on this form? This man is ready to
be baptized!" There were tears shed as he signed the "OK" to move
forward. December 3rd can't come quick enough!

Earlier this week, our "boss man" in the Ward, our ward mission leader
Brother Werle, went with his family to Utah for Thanksgiving. I sent
them with a little surprise for my family. I was so happy to get
pictures of the Werles and my mom and sister! When we stopped by last
night, they gave me a big bag from my mom. I was so surprised! In it
was a small Christmas tree and hand drawn paper ornaments from my
family. You better believe there were tears as I put the tiny tree up.

I'm so thankful for my family, and more importantly the gospel. Two
years is going to be an incredibly long time for me to be away from my
little band of crazies. I can't imagine not having them for eternity.
I am so thankful for the temple and the Priesthood power that seals my
family together forever. Of all the treasures in the world, I have the
biggest and brightest of all. I love my family!! #hallpride ❤️💙

JTP!!!

With love,

Elder Hall

    
Pie night!                                                    The Werles and my family!

                             
  
More pie night!
                                                                                       Thanksgiving with Elder Chen


    

Finished pie!                    I was the first one in the world to commit to the worldwide day of service on Dec 1st!



The video is our nerf war!

This video is Fun with balloons we, err, found. Yeah, we found them.

No comments:

Post a Comment