Monday, April 10, 2017

TWO FORKS?!




               Mod Pizza with my boys!

Hey everyone! It's been a week that's for sure. Sorry this one's not
very long! Transfers are today, and I'm staying in Westview/Bethany!
At the end of this transfer, that will make 6 months in this area!

So. I got a new comp today! His name is Elder Kindrick. I'll write
more about him next week!

Last week, we didn't have dinner one night and we had a gift card to
the spaghetti factory, so we went. Elder Power had never been anywhere
so fancy in his whole life. He felt so out of place it was so funny!
He just couldn't understand why there were two forks. That's a waste
of dish water if you ask him. Man I'm gonna miss that cowboy! Well
anyway, the waiter came to our table and let us know someone had paid
for our meal and to have a good night. My goodness people need to stop
paying for us! We had a gift card this time!! Hahaha really though, we
are always thankful.

Wednesday and Thursday we visited seminary! We showed them the new
#PRINCEofPEACE video and had them share it with their friends! It was
so awesome! These kids have literally no fear in sharing the gospel. I
LOVE these kids so much. They've changed my life!

On Friday we had to take some Elders to an unexpected interview with
President Ballard. When we went back to pick them up, President called
us in next. I was scared out of my mind to be having an impromptu
interview, but it turned out so great. I love President Ballard!

While we don't teach nations, we still strive to walk with the Savior
every day, hoping we make a difference in someone's life. President
Eyring said it perfectly in this last conference in what is probably
my favorite talk of all time. He said, "The second lesson is that the
Lord’s work is not just to solve problems; it is to build people. So
as you walk with Him in priesthood service, you may find that
sometimes what seems like the most efficient solution is not the
Lord’s preferred solution because it does not allow people to grow. If
you listen, He will teach you His ways. Remember that God’s work and
glory is not simply to run an effective organization; it is “to bring
to pass the immortality and eternal life of man” (Moses 1:39). This
is, after all, why He gives His priesthood authority to flawed mortals
like you and me and invites us to participate in His work. Our
progress is His work!"

I love you all so much! Have an awesome week! And happy Easter!

With love,
Elder Hall

     

Elder Power holding his two forks.       Our solution to help us stop eating unnecessarily!


Video of me ALMOST catching a duck. Expect to see pics of me holding a
duck next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment