Monday, May 22, 2017

NO PLACE LIKE HOME

 
Flex contest with Marissa, Elder Comish, and me

Oh my goodness! The sun is shining and it's 90 degrees! I am in heaven!

So, transfer calls came. I'm leaving my home of Westview after 6
months. It's so bittersweet. I'm going to Oregon City 3rd and 5th
wards (splitting wards again, woo). I'm very excited because I've
spent the first 10 and a half months of my mission in the three
smallest geographic wards in Oregon! I'm ready for some wide open
spaces across the river! My new companion is named Elder Hone from
Lehi Utah! I'm excited to serve with him.

My last week here in my Westview home was a ton of fun!

Tuesday was my last day at the pantry. I'm going to miss everyone
there so much! It was tough saying goodbye to Lynn, Sharon, Linda, and
Eric. They have become good friends! I will for sure be keeping in
contact with them. They are amazing people with hearts of gold.

Tuesday night at like 10:15 we got a call from Sister Ballard asking
if we could volunteer at a blood drive at the high school the next
morning. We said sure. Well, it was fun and horrible at the same time.
It was like being in high school all over again and I did not enjoy
it. Not to mention I've never been yelled so many horrible things at
me in my time as a missionary. But I got to be the blood drop mascot
and I had way too much fun! I was living my dream of being a Disney
character, even though I was being a drop of blood in a high school in
Oregon... but close enough!

Wednesday afternoon we went on a blitz (a blitz is pretty much a
tracting party) with some other missionaries. It was so fun because I
got paired up with Elder Comish, my MTC companion! It was the first
time on our missions that we did actual missionary work together. We
had a blast!

The next day was amazing! We met our investigator Shiv and his wife,
Oma at the Employment Resource Center in the church. Shiv and Oma have
an amazing story! We met Shiv at a bus stop a few weeks ago. He is
from India, and a year ago while living in India, he converted to
Christianity! Oma converted with him and they were so happy! Well, a
few months later, Shiv had a dream they needed to move to America
(sound familiar?? Lehi who??) so they left their posh and wealthy
lifestyle in India and moved to America, not knowing why or how they
would live. Fast forward a few weeks and we meet at the bus stop and
tell him that God had a message for him. He knew instantly the gospel
is why they were brought here to America. We talked for an hour and
gave him a Book of Mormon. A few days later we met them at the ERC to
help the, find a career here in Oregon. Not only did we find them both
very stable jobs, we taught them for two hours after! After reciting
the First Vision, I asked if they would be baptized and they said yes!
They are so prepared for this gospel, it's amazing!! They are the most
incredible little couple, I love them! I'm so sad that I have to step
out of their journey, but I will for sure come back up here when they
get baptized!

 Friday was bring your own cup day at 7-11 and living like half a mile
down the road, you already know we took advantage of that! Hahaha I'll
include pictures!

On Saturday morning, we got permission to go down to Tigard to help
Brother Rutledge paint his parent's house. It was a lot of fun! I'm
thankful for my parents giving me the opportunity to gain skills and
talents I can share with others! All that painting paid off dad!

My last day in Westview was tough. It brought tears to my eyes
multiple times. I'm going to miss this place so much. They have no
idea the influence they've had in my life. I am so blessed! I thank
God for sending me here to meet these incredible people. My last
lesson with Des was Sunday night. She said the most beautiful closing
prayer, it brought tears to my eyes. I will be back for her baptism
someday! I've met so many incredible individuals. It truly is home.

Even more comforting than Westview, or even my own home, is the
gospel. The restored gospel of Jesus Christ is my greatest home. The
best part is that this home travels with you wherever you go. My mom
and my sisters and Buster I had to leave. I had to let go of my home
in Woodhaven and now in Westview. But there is one constant. This
restored gospel is home. There is nothing that brings more comfort and
peace in this world than this restored gospel found in The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It brings true and eternal meaning
to the saying, "There's no place like home." I know this gospel is
true. The Savior is real. I pray that we will all do whatever we can
to come back to Him! After all, there is no place like home.

Have a good week!

Love,
Elder Hall

    

Last Pic! Marissa, Jordan, Asher and Ryan        Ryan and Corrin!  Love you guys!
with the photobomb
   
Des and the Rutledges                                              Me and my best friend Sam!

   
Eric!  I'm gonna miss this guy!                                   The Nichols Fam!

  
MTC Pals!  I'm gonna miss being around them!           The gang!

  
                                                                Me and my comp


   
Trying to look buff with my sleeves cuffed.   Bring your own cup day!


   

Elder Comish and I doing real missionary work!  Your favorite drop of blood, Elder Hall!

  
                                                              Me and my pal Elder Cedillo wearing the worst $150 pair of                                                                        sunglasses I've ever seen!

  

Westview!                                                Sam's fat head!

No comments:

Post a Comment