Monday, January 16, 2017

STOP SNOWING!


Me and Elder Pugmire

Hey everyone! So it snowed the most it has in Oregon history! I don't
know if you heard, but the governor declared a state of emergency.
School was canceled all last week and it hasn't been warm enough to
melt. With no plows in Oregon, there's still a foot of snow everywhere
and the streets are ice rinks! It's been a crazy week!

It started to snow Tuesday night and by Wednesday morning there was
over a foot! It was stunning! We went to the Allen's and built a sweet
igloo with them in the front yard! I showed the boys how you give a
proper whitewash in a snow bank... Anyway, after that we spent ALL day
shoveling driveways and sidewalks. Since no one has ever needed a snow
shovel in Oregon, it was really hard to find some but once we did, our
work was cut out for us. What a long day! It was really fun though, it
made me miss Utah!

I hear Utah is getting rain like Oregon should. We need to switch the
weather back! You can have all the snow! We want our rain back!!

Well, biking in a foot of snow with road bikes isn't exactly safe or
effective, so we walked. And boy DID WE WALK. In the last 5 days we
have walked approximately 60 miles. I never thought I would say this,
but I need my bike back! AH!

Friday was my 6 month mark! BUMP DAY!! Woo woo! I of course did the
ceremonial burning of a tie. It was tons of fun!

Yesterday I got to speak in Sacrament Meeting! I love speaking so I
was so pumped! Not only that, Elder Hewitt and I then sang the musical
number. Everyone loved it! we are still getting texts and phone calls
telling us how great it was. We are recording it with a member's
studio next week, I'll send the recording when I get it!

Anyway, that's all I have for this week, but I'll end with my
testimony that God lives. Jesus Christ is our brother. Because of this
restored gospel, we have the opportunity to live with our Heavenly
Father again in eternal families! The Atonement is real, the Book of
Mormon is true. I love my Savior with all my heart. He lives!

Love,
Elder Hall

 
SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!!
 

  
Singing with some snow carolers.  Me and Brother Allen.
  
Building the igloo with me, Elder Power, Elder Hewitt, and Elder Pugmire.  Bump day tie burning!

*cue rihanna* This tie is on fire!                    Topgolf for P-day!

   


Extreme Biking: Road Bike Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment